Sunday, February 11, 2007

Meanwhile, Back at the Ranch...




I promised you an update, so here it is. Yesterday we filmed the special features for the DVD box set. The weather forecast was calling for rain, but it was a beautiful day at 1164 Morning Glory Circle. As I drove up to the gate at the WB Ranch, the guard welcomed me home. As much as things in life change, the Ranch is still SO much the same. Of course there are changes to the Bewitched house & the neighboring houses, but everything is still so recognizable! I didn't see any of the bunnies that used to roam the Ranch (that I'd bring carrots for) but the pool I used to swim in on hot days was still there. In a happy twist (to illustrate the power of a little blog) I'd mentioned the other day about "possibly" continuing the tour at Sunset Gower Studios. The morning after my post, I received an e-mail from one of the senior v.p.s of the public relations firm that represents Sunset Gower. He had read my blog & was able to make that portion of the tour happen for us! They were filming the show "House" on Stage 3 yesterday when we visited & we were able to get some great footage on the lot. No word on when the DVD box set comes out (sorry, I asked!). It was a fun day with beautiful weather & a great crew & so nice to take a stroll down memory lane!

12 comments:

Kat said...

That's excellent about the dvd features. Any idea whether it's a 1 - 8 boxset or just a single set?

Hopefully either way it'll make it's way to the UK.

David said...

Thanks for the update! You look very much like your TV mother in that dress:)

Do you happen to know if any of the other extras will include the sponsor openings, cast commercials and ABC promos? That would be excellent!

Erin Murphy said...

Kat-
They keep calling it a "box set" so I'm assuming it's the entire show.
Doc-
I have no idea what (if any) other features will be included. I know it was brought up that we couldn't mention certain things due to licensing issues, so I'm sure they have the same problems using commercials. I'll pass on your suggestions to Sony.

Brophtron said...

Erin, you know that we all wish we could have been there with you in person, but you sharing this with us is the next best thing. It'll be great to see the extras! Thank you so much.

Marlo said...

"They keep calling it a "box set" so I'm assuming it's the entire show."

I call individual seasons box sets. Anything with more than 3 DVDs is a box set to me, haha! (Although the biggest box set I own has 25. :P)

alex said...

It must have been cool for you to come back on the set! when I come back somewhere I used to go when I was a little girl, it's always a special moment for me so I think it was the same for you!And was it the first time you go on the set since the show is over?

Jerry said...

How fun! Thanks for sharing. Isn't is scary, you never know who is reading your blog huh? (Someone send me some chololate covered cinamon altoids!) LOL

I added a pic and video of our new addition to the family on my blog. I stopped posting there for about a month but I am back. I am happy to see you are still here posting as well. Good times, good times!

The DVD set will definitely be on my wish shopping list!

Brophtron said...

Alex, I don't know about Erin visiting the lot since the show has wrapped, but she's definitely been back to the house exterior (if you didn't know, the house is just a fascade - it's only a few feet deep and the inside of the house was shot at a studio lot elsewhere). About 10 years ago, Erin did a "Fashion Emergency" for E! and part of that show was a visit to Morning Glory Circle and the house exterior.

alex said...

hi Brophtron!
actually I knew that it was just a fascade! but it stills a little bit moving, that's what I think! you're going to say "she's sentimantal", I am! lol!
bye

Brophtron said...

That's good - not everyone knows that it's a fascade, so I thought I'd mention it just in case. Even still, the image is very moving and I would love to visit there sometime.

taawd said...

Great blog! Aren't they a great release valve? It was funny reading about Anson Williams because I found your website after imdb'ing you. I grew up watching "Bewitched" reruns. My sister and I would watch them on TBS getting ready for school. I have all of the DVD's so far. I hope to share them with my kids... someday :) Keep bloggin'

George said...

i have all the Bewitched DVD's and cannot wait to see your extra's in the upcoming ones. It is so refreshing to see that little Tabatha grew up and is a happy, wonderful mom and great person.

p.s. i love how u always played with Endora's jewelry. I hope you talk about that on DVD. U were always intrigued with her necklaces, earrings.