Saturday, March 24, 2007

Another Day, Another Gown

I just had the pleasure of modeling the spectacular gown that Jeran Designs created for Joan Collins to wear on the cover of the 1983 Christmas issue of Playboy magazine. I learned insider info that before posing, Joan had gone on a strict diet of...champagne & caviar! The dress went on to be the inspiration for the famous "Jessica Rabbit" dress in Who Framed Roger Rabbit. I walked the catwalk to the tune "Material Girl" & the designers asked me to utilize my "dance training" & move like Madonna. Dance training (??)...Could they mean the tap lessons I had when I was 6?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin:
I am sure that you looked fabulous in the gown, and would have put Joan Collins to shame! Take Care, Dave Mc (ETHS '78) hehe

Jerry said...

Photos? :)

Erin Murphy said...

Hey Dave-
Always nice to see a fellow Charger!
Jerry-
Photos coming soon...perhaps.

Mischa said...

Oh Erin, I'll bet you looked absolutly fabulous in that gown. I remember that picture well as I used to be a huge Dynasty fan. (am I dating myself?)

Merkinstock said...

Joan Collins doesn't hold a candle to Erin Murphy. Why haven't you been on the cover of Maxim magazine yet?

And P.S. -- Please create your own My Space page:)

Brophtron said...

Dresses, dresses and more dresses. Not really my thing, but I'd wager that you look better in the dress than I ever would. No - don't try to imagine that - it's best if we just don't go there with that mental image.

antiquedress said...

Hi Erin... Do you by any chance know who owns that Joan Collins dress now? I sell antique and vintage clothing from http://www.antiquedress.com and just love to know where these pieces end up! THANKS!!

Deborah Burke