Thursday, March 15, 2007

Legos



Am I the only parent who has a love / hate relationship with Legos? I love the look of accomplishment on a child's face after they've built something spectacular. I love the big plastic tubs that let the kids use their imaginations to build (& then rebuild). I love how they keep the kids entertained for hours. I even love Legoland (a Southern California theme park, with rides & entertainment). What I don't love is that Legos are now sold in "model sets" like Harry Potter & Star Wars. New sets seem to be released every day. Don't get me wrong, I used to be a fan of these sets. But the problem is, kids build the model, then they want MORE lego sets. Sometimes the models are displayed, but other times the models break & then end up in a huge bin of broken models, or in a Lego pile on the floor. Alright, maybe "hate" is too strong a word to use, but if you've ever stepped on a Lego first thing in the morning, you might agree with me.

1 comment:

alex said...

I agree you! I ever loved legos since when I was a little girl my brother and I used to play with and as you I admire child's imaginations when they play with lego. I don't really hate legos actually but when you say "if you've ever stepped on a Lego first thing in the morning, you might agree with me." I imagined me in this situation and I laughed since I know how aggressive I could be, not all day long but almost. And when say I laughed it's literally, my mom who was in the same room told me :"Are you crazy?!" lol.