Thursday, October 02, 2008

Chocolate Skittles?


Since anyone who knows me even remotely knows that I have a sweet tooth, & in the past I've blogged about everything from chocolate covered Altoids to chocolate covered edamame, I feel an obligation to introduce you to chocolate skittles! I stumbled across these by accident while out on a Sunday drive with the family. I don't know if they're available everywhere yet, but I found them at a little gas station midway between Los Angeles & Santa Barbara. They come in a five flavor mix, including flavors like brownie batter & s'mores. I can't say that I love them, but I do like them! I volunteer at a therapeutic riding stable every week & I like to keep snacks in my car to nibble between the lessons. I always have those little Trader Joe's individual packets of raw almonds & a bottle of water, but what I really want is a little bit of chocolate. The problem is, most of the year in California, chocolate melts. Chocolate Skittles seem to hold up to heat.

7 comments:

alex said...

it looks good but I think my favorite will remain the purple skittle forever!

ATOMIC GEM said...

UMMM CHOCOLATE! IT SOUNDS REALLY GOOD BECAUSE I JUST LOVE CHOCOLATE WITH EVERYTHING. SAMANTHA'S HAVEN / TERRI

Gretchen said...

Looks yummy!

Sorry about the goof with the name. Too many pains and not enough with name checking. I do apologize!

Nice to find another pro wrestling fan. :) Added one of my current indy wrestling fans for today's entry.

Digital Flower Pictures said...

I haven't seen the chocolate ones before. I like the Tropical ones. Skittles have their own website.

I enjoyed my visit to your site. My best friend has a Leonberger dog.

Unknown said...

Chocolate Skittles are HORRIBLE. I didn't like them and my kids wouldn't touch them. My daughter loves all the other Skittles. I say STAY AWAY!

dmleone said...

I had NO idea. And to think I JUST signed up for weight watcher's online ten minutes ago. guess I know what I'll be using those extra weekly points on. I haven't seen these in the store yet....are they everywhere?

Brophtron said...

I'll try them if I can find them. In other chocolate news, Starbucks (another of your favorites) just added 2 more hot chocolate flavors (for those of use who don't drink coffee or tea). I didn't think much of their caramel mix, but I look forward to trying the hazelnut. I love their standard signature flavor.