Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Actors Fund's Tony Award VIP Kick-Off Party!

I was happy to attend the Actors Fund Tony Award VIP Reception at Bloomingdales. It was the kick-off event to their Tony Awards Gala, June 10th at the Skirball Center. Scott Bakula will be hosting & Jason Alexander will be receiving the Lifetime Achievement Award. Mitzi Gaynor (South Pacific!) hosted the Bloomingdales party & the department store generously donated 10% of their sales to the Actors Fund. Bewitched fans might know that Elizabeth Montgomery approached Agnes Moorehead at Bloomingdales to offer her the part of Endora! I was especially excited to see Donna Mills (my childhood beauty icon, still absolutely gorgeous!) & her boyfriend of over 30 years, Richard Holland (who was previously married to Chaka Khan). Photos of large groups can be very problematic. In the picture above, actress Nancy Dussault decided the best place to stand was directly in front of me. Really, I could taste her hair. If I knew her well, I would have assumed it was a joke. I politely moved to the side & she dropped her purse right on my foot (OUCH!). I'm sure she's a lovely person, but in this instance, she was a little "Too Close for Comfort"! For tickets to the Actor's Fund Viewing Party visit www.actorsfund.org. Pictured in the photo above, left to right: Ilene Graff, Warren Berlinger, Brenda Dickson, Donna Mills, James Karen, Channing Chase, Judy Norton, Kate Linder, Elliott Gould, Mitzi Gaynor, Nancy Dussault, George Chakiris, Erin Murphy (me), Barbara Van Orden, & Stanley Livingston. Photo credit: Scott Appel.

1 comment:

Scott said...

The picture of you between your alpacas you all 3 looked like beautiful dolls. sorry, couldn't help myself :-)