Monday, June 25, 2012

Life Out Loud!

We went to the Lifeworks Life Out Loud event on the Paramount lot on Saturday. I'm proud to support the LA Gay & Lesbian Center's programs which recently provided scholarships totaling $44,000 to 24 LGBT youth who otherwise would be unable to afford tuition, books and other expenses. Many youth turn to the center for food, shelter and support. the shelter is also a place to escape bullying. www.lagaycenter.org This year my friend, actor & activist Mike C Manning, presented the Courage Award to Lee Hirsch, the director of Bully. It's an important film that I'd highly recommend. While the subject matter is disturbing, I think it's important that younger people watch it. Awareness is the first step in stopping the cycle of violence. I watched it with my twelve year old.

No comments: